I got this from Aditi, and because I like her very much, I shall do this. I shall now list seven things I love.
- I love walking in the rain. I don't mean the crazy downpours that come with the monsoons, but the steady shower that lasts an hour or so, with winds that don't blow you off your feet. I miss that these days. It was easier to do in college than it is now.
- One of the greatest things in the world is to watch the sun rise over anything that's not man-made. Mountains, lakes, oceans, whatever. As long as there's no building obstructing the view.
- Violins.A well-played violin is the best sound in the world. Me playing the violin isn't quite there, despite close to a decade of training, but I love the sound of violin music.
- Finishing a good book in one sitting is the most satisfying feeling I can imagine.
- A good discussion on any old topic. The ones I have with Anand top my list these days.
- Single-malt whisky. There's something enchanting about cracking open a new bottle of Scotch and inhaling the smells. Almost mystical.
- An idea perfectly executed is a thing of beauty, and in turn, a joy for ever. Sadly, there are precious few of these going around these days. Compromise is the death of creativity.
I'm supposed to pick seven people to share this with, but I can't ruin my reputation by propagating a meme, now, can I?